Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Reading


I just finished Wild by Cheryl Strayed on vacation. To-tally loved it.
It's a two-thumb-upper in my opinion. Here's a lovely little passage: 

"Miles weren't things that blazed dully past. They were long, intimate straggles of weeds and clumps of dirt, blades of grass and flowers that bent in the wind, trees that lumbered and screeched. They were the sound of my breath and my feet hitting the trail one step at a time and the click of my ski pole. The PCT had taught me what a mile was. I was humble before each and every one."

Last summer, I read Old Man and the Sea on vacation.
I fell in love with that old man so much that I decided this would be my yearly
reread along with Pride and Prejudice. I just saw these great images on Pinterest, and I realized how excited I am to read it again. Bring it, Hemingway. 

Also, I'm looking to read a classic I've never read before.
If you have any suggestions, please throw them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment