Monday, June 11, 2012

Anyway You Want It



Today is just one of those days, where I have to call a Zach Morris timeout on myself. Where I have to throw down SNL Weekend Update's, "Really?! Really?! Really?"

It started this morning... "I need more time!, "I need something else to wear", "I need more money so I can get that overpriced yogurt downstairs!"

It continued..."I need a manicure", "I need to get my hair cut", "I need another Sunday to relax"...

My list of "needs" could seriously be never ending, if I allowed myself to go on. But I stop myself. I laugh at myself. None of these are needs! I'm fine. My life is full. And I honestly, don't neeeeedd anything.

So, why do we create this conflict for ourselves? 

I think it comes for me when I confuse needs and wants. Or I'm looking for something. Or to simplify even more, it comes when I say I need anything to begin with... Because the truth of the matter is, we have what we have because its all we need right now. Tomorrow, we may truly need something different. And it will come to us. I believe that. I don't, however, believe anyway you want it, that's the way you need it... anymore.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment