Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Recap: Cinco de Derby




Happy Monday! Well, the favorite weekend of the year did not disappoint. Friday night, we celebrated Emma's birthday at the Ace Hotel with a few gin and lavender drinks. They were too delightful. They were also delightful the next day as I was sweating them out at yoga, might I add. Emmmmbarrassing. Especially when you have a teacher crush.





Cinco de Derby started off with a well-accompanied brunch at La Palapa in the East Village. And while, I don't think I had an adequate amount of melted cheese, I did try grilled cactus for the first time. It was pretty delish. Totally recommend it.






The 138th Derby was so great, right?! My hopes were with Bodemeister. I really wanted that little guy to win. But, alas. At least, Mary J (who oddly enough was on my iPod as I was walking around town all morning) was ahhh-mazing, both in vocals and her hot lil red number. For real, the hats were fantastic this year: Ensembles





No comments:

Post a Comment