Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lovin' the Dickens Outta Some Christmas






The cutest in Tribeca
I wish I could wear it to work


Magic on 58th Street

I literally gasped with excitement when I woke up to this



Is anyone else like so stinking excited about Christmas? Like more than what is socially acceptable or normal? 

Personally, this year more than in the past, I can't wait for Christmas. My house is decorated, the green and red M&Ms are out, O Holy Night is on repeat. And, hopefully, we'll have another snow to cover the streets. (I feel like the roof tops really bring it with a blanket of white.) But, sadly, I'm already not wanting to let go of the feeling of Christmas.

There is just something about this time of year that is so special. I think its that people let themselves fall into happiness, love, and enjoyment. There's breaks, breath, and relaxation. There's no pushing, accomplishing, or achieving. There just is.

This year, my parents are coming here and I look forward to just being with them. Sure we have dinners planned and theater tickets purchased. But more than anything, I can't wait to play cards, stare at the tree and be together. (Mom, remind me that I wrote this when I'm getting cranky... Or dad is being spiteful and malicious/hoarding the good cards...)

So with Christmas day just being a week away, let's try to remember this...

“I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!”
Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol 


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment