Monday, June 3, 2013

Changes in Latitudes



So, hello there, I'm back. I've been traveling a bit. Apologies (Kerry) for the lack of communicado. (However, look forward to the photo dump ahead!) 

It's interesting when your perspective on something changes, right?

For my whole life, I've always thought of this Jimmy Buffet song as a beach song (thanks, steel drums). But as I was coming back from Colorado after Memorial Day weekend, I read these lyrics on the back of a guy's shirt. And I realized, its actually just a really good song about the wanderlust...

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes
Nothing remains quite the same
Through all of the islands and all of the highlands
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane


I thought, "Huh, that really sums up vacation well." We had laughed so, so much when we were in Boulder. And the change in latitude was helpful for my attitude. ;) Then, I looked into the lyrics further and realized its actually just a really good song about life...

Oh, yesterdays over my shoulder
So I can't look back for too long
There's just too much to see waiting in front of me
And I know that I just can't go wrong


 xo


No comments:

Post a Comment