Wednesday, June 4, 2014

La Vita Sorprendente


How is that days rock along? Then you look back on a year, and it feels like a light speed rail? I went and looked at my blog from a year ago from today... then two years ago from today. Though it feels like just yesterday, it feels like a life-time ago because my world is completely different. I was in a relationship. I was not in school. I had a crazy tooth that I named Jewel, and now? Well, I'm probably one of the few people that could have sent their kid to college but instead had braces three times.

With each one of my classes I learn something, or at the very minimum become hyper aware of something. Social Psychology made me more aware of myself, my groups, my actions in environments. And now, with Human Developmental Psychology along with a friend's sister's unexpected passing, I find myself seeing this length of a line that represents our life... And it seems all too short.

This is not to be morbid. On the contrary. It is about seeing the value of life. Today in class I saw a video of a baby being born. Like ALL OF IT. It was the scariest f*cking thing I've seen in my life. It made me physically anxious. And it was fascinating and magical.

It's not that I didn't know birth was "all of the above". But, quite literally, it made me thankful and fascinated by my life... Right now. Because right now, all of our mind, all of our body, and yes, all of our soul, is supporting us. It's amazing in the most sincere definition of that word.

So, all of this to say... this is our life. And its amazing. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment