Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Reminder: Le Courage



Once my dad wrote me a note that said, "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." - e. e. cummings. I pretty sure that's all it said. If not, its certainly all that I remember. It was exactly what I needed to hear.

As a person that values consistent growth, I'm also a person that needs a reminder to have courage. Because, quite frankly, I simply forget to remind myself I have it.

Last night, I was studying with tired eyes, sore shoulders, an overused highlighter. I was mentally done. Over it. I knew I couldn't take my test, but I also knew I was being tested... Do I have the courage? To study like Rocky training for a fight (not the one where he is down and out, not that one) or the courage to give up valuable time with friends, co-workers, and the like?! The thing is I do. Because I know its for a greater purpose.

Its like in yoga when the pose is so hard, and you just want to get the eff out of it. Then, you move on, into the next... And, suddenly, you appreciate it. You feel like you have more flexibility, more movement, and you think, "Well, it wasn't THAT bad." I know I will appreciate the hard work. AFTER. When I have more flexibility and movement. And also I know that courage and faith make the road getting there a little easier.

----
xo




It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/eecummin161593.html#P76VpXmrefzTZBQ0.99
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/eecummin161593.html#P76VpXmrefzTZBQ0.99

No comments:

Post a Comment