Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Looking Out From Thirty Three


I want a life that sizzles and sparkles and makes me laugh out loud. I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings, errands, receipts, packed subway cars, lunches at my desk, and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold watermelon in the hot summer sun, and warm comforting soups and some crisp crunchy apples in the Fall. I want to sing out loud, have dance parties, stand on my hands, wear bright lipstick, eat croissants, and marvel at a sky full of stars... I want to cozy up in bed with gazing stares, lay in the sun, and enjoy my family. I want a partner that looks at me like we are in on an inside joke, and a house that welcomes me home with comfy blankets, crisp white sheets, and memories that hug me with warmth. I want to throw parties in a backyard with candles and strings of lights. I want family traditions that involve cabins, lakes and roasted marshmellows. I want to dance in a fancy kitchen, and soak in a big white tub. I want to read books that are so good they make me want to force everyone I know to read them as well. I want to sit with people and hear their stories, share their experiences, and let them know they matter. I want the people around me to know that I love them and I'm grateful because none of the above would matter without them. I want my children to look at the world with joy and realize it is blessing just to be alive. I want to make the Universe smile and be glad that this life was given to someone who loves the gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment