Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Help for the Humpday



My friend, Kerry, just sent me an email. She needed a little Wednesday motivation. Actually, who doesn't? Its dreary out. Its cold. And, personally, I'm surprised that I'm not in pajamas today.

Also, I'm a little worried (curious?) about my consultation trip to the surgeon this afternoon. Thus, I think its a perfect time to think about gratitude. It always helps. I've found its hard to be overwhelmed, down, or even tired, when I take a look around. This morning, I didn't want to do the dishes. But appreciating the light coming through my kitchen skylight made me pretty happy. And I definitely didn't want to get out of bed. But actually the thought of my new really, reallllly good-smelling conditioner was enough of a motivator. 

So, even though today may not be a stop-and-smell-the-roses type of day (because let's face it, it may be weeks until anything blooms) at least I can enjoy some color in the flower stands. And I'm mighty thankful for that.

1 comment:

  1. Natural light has its own way of lifting the mood in indoor spaces. Good thing you have one in your kitchen! Maybe you can install one in your bedroom as well, so that you'll never have a hard time getting up on bed in the morning. That's what natural light can do – change your mood, and make everything around you look so wonderful!

    -Muth Roofing

    ReplyDelete